My Skin Care Routine - 30's plus skincare & makeup

My Skin Care Routine

I have been meaning/wanting to do this post for a while now and been a big fan of you tube and pretty much all other social media outlets to do with beauty and skin care,  I have noticed that some of the more popular blogs and vlogs are geared towards younger peeps. In my head I'm about the same age but unfortunately my birth certificate is a liar and says differently...

I have to say I've always been pretty lucky with my skin, most of my life nothing too horrendous has broken out, even the horrid teenage years weren't entirely traumatic. I think that might be more to do with genes though than anything else and don't feel too sorry for me I have a terrible personality :) I didn't discover make up and its wonder till around my late twenties so perhaps that helped but other than that I done nothing with my skin, literally nothing, washed it with soap and water that was it.

It was around this time that my boyfriend at the times mum told me all about moisturising and how important it was and why wasn't I doing it and I was missing out on this amazing thing. My excitement managed to contain itself at this point because I thought she was a bit cuckoo. However, I did notice how youthful she looked so I thought ok what's the worst that can happen?

She created a monster. I wasn't just happy with a simple wash and moisturise I needed to know everything, if I was going to do this it had to be next level shit. Not needles and doctors offices (even though they look so shiny and beautiful and that's just the offices) but you know fancy bottles, things that have actual doctors names on them, ingredients you have never heard of but you just know they are vital to life. So I tried a LOT of products, I had facials, I tried masks, I spoke to the gorgeous know alls on every counter in John Lewis and now I have nailed a regime...about ten years later I might add but hey better to arrive late than ugly. So here is my very strict never miss a day routine...well 6 out of 7 ain't bad.

I have normal/combination skin and generally don't have any problems apart from it can get quite dehydrated. I drink a ton of water because I have a cute water bottle and you know its healthy and stuff.

AM:

1. Cleanse

I have been using Olay Anti Wrinkle Face Wash for around a month which I like, generally I use this or a foaming face wash, and a face scrubber if I want a deeper cleanse.

2. Moisturise and SPF

For moisturiser I use one from Asda at the moment The Skinsystem Radiance Day cream which also has an SPF 15. This was a quick purchase as I had run out but its okay. I also like Origins moisturisers and Garnier. I'd say its worth spending a little more on moisturiser in your 30's but we don't all have to run out and buy La Mer. And no matter what age you should always wear an SPF.

3. Eye Cream

Eye creams hurt my head a little, like this world of beauty there are so many options. I'd say look for one with retinol and vitamins and something that's hydrating. I'm using one from DermaV10 Anti Ageing Eye Cream which I got from a local chemist, seems to do the trick, not quite sure what the trick is as yet....

PM:

I cleanse again, and I've just been using the same Olay product as above or I use cleansing oil from Superdrug, its the Vitamin E range and I've found that this gets rid of any stubborn make up or dirt and leaves my skin super soft.

2. Face and Eye Serum

This is basically where you want to get in your Retinol if you can. I have a small tube which I bought and use very sparingly at night under my eyes but there are lots of good products that include it on the market. I have also recently added a face serum from the same Superdrug Vitamin C range.

3. Face and Eye Moisture

Last step, just use the moisturiser and eye cream you used in the morning if you like or something that is specifically for night time. I've recently been using Avon Youth Restore Face Cream which has collagen and elastin or my Garnier Moisture Bomb night cream which is crammed with antioxidants (another good ingredient for over 30s).

I use a charcoal mask around once a week and have just ordered some new products from Korea which I'm super excited to try so I'll do a post on that.

Does this seem like a lot of stuff to do to you? When I did it at first I thought it took forever, but with great practice comes great skin.  I'm finding it pretty easy and my skin has never looked better. I'm sure there is lots of missed out or are doing wrong but in the end I think its best not to become super obsessed there is a little grace in aging, plus that's what all the make up is for :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer