One Brand Series - Essence

Essence Make Up Review

I heard about essence cosmetics through another addiction of mine Pinterest. I had seen that the brand was supposed to have a lot of dupes to other products and the feedback was positive, so of course, I just had to try it out, all for the purposes of my blog ;-)

I had a look online and discovered that the nearest store that stocked Essence was called Wilko and wasn't too far from me. I went in and bought a couple of basic items initially and then ordered a few more things online a few weeks ago. I'll list everything I've purchased and my reviews.

I am obsessed with lip liners and have them in all colours these were only £1.00 each so I managed to control myself and only bought three ha.




This is called Girl Next Door and is described a long lasting lip liner its also an automatic liner. It's a nice nude colour quite subtle, I wore it to work a few times and its quite creamy, I'd say I had to top it up maybe twice throughout the day so I'd maybe put a little lipstick or gloss over the top for a longer effect or a night out. For the price I really liked it though better consistency that some high end liners.





The next liner is a pencil and is called Soft Berry I really liked this shade and its super creamy but not too the point where it doesn't stay put. I'd say this lasted longer that the girl next door liner for sure.





This is Satin Mauve and its one of the most popular shades, its the perfect shade to be neutral but also give a little colour especially for the latest trend of over lining. Its really creamy, long lasting like the above and I would definitely get this shade again. It's rumoured to a good dupe for Limecrime Faded and MAC whirl. I'd say there is a lot more pay off from Limecrime and I think the Essence liner is a lot creamier than MAC.



I also bought a long lasting lipstick in the number 06 Barely There again this is a really pigmented and smooth consistency. It's a lovely brown shade which you can build up or have sheer, its a shiny finish but not too shiny if that makes sense! I'm quite fair skinned with dark brown hair and I think it really suits my skin tone. The packaging is really nice too matte black and sleek. This was £2.30 and again a great price for what you get I think and also really moisturising! As you'll see above this is another dupe for MAC Twig again its very similar and also buildable if you want a deeper shade.



The next product I picked up was the Lash Princess Volume Mascara this has a cobra shaped wand which is supposed to create voluminous thick lashes, it also helps brush the lashes up and who doesn't want lashes like a princess? This is a good product I loved the packaging {its supposed to be shaped like a dress!) and was intrigued by the wand, also I'm a sucker for a good mascara especially one that offers volume. I've been wearing this most days to work. The only thing I would say is be gently handed with this as it can become clumpy, I find it gives great volume and separation and I would purchase again for sure. This cost £3.30. 


I decided to try the blusher out as well because, well, I'm dedicated to the cause.. so I choose the Silky Touch Blush in Natural Beauty this is a gorgeous consistency, its so smooth and the pay off is amazing. I would say you have to add a few coats but its handy for me as I don't like to have a heavy blush on. This shade is a bronzy peachy shade which gives skin a healthy glow, I'd like to try using it as a highlight over bronzer too as think it would look great. This was £1.00 there are lots of different shades available as well so plenty of choice. 




My final product is another I'd read about online. Eyeshadow 01 Snowflake. I chose this shade as I'd heard it was a great double up highlighter and it absolutely is! You can use these wet or dry to intensyfy the colours, This shade is so shimmery and soft and is an excellent colour on eyes as well as for highlighting the face all over. They are super blendable and little fallout and really make your eyes pop. I'd like to invest of one of the palettes as this is a fantastic find. This cost £1.00

Overall I was really impressed with Essence. I think they have a great range of products that are affordable and longlasting. You do get some bang for your buck! I also really like the packaging, I feel that sometimes budget beauty can mean lack of design in packaging and ingredients  and no one wants that! I really like that the lip products are moisturising and easy to apply. I would repurchase and there are some other items that I'm keen to try. I'd say if your looking for some decent products that don't cost the earth have a look at their items. I found mine at www.wilko.com you can also check out www.essence.eu/uk/home/ and for US/Canada www.ulta.com

Peace and Kisses!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer