Is it a dupe? Estee Lauder vs Revlon

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation vs Revlon Colorstay




Hey beauties!

As you may have noticed from previous posts I am always excited to find a decent dupe. I love Estee Lauder products but they can be pricey, although of course totally worth it! But I had seen this dupe a few times and I already had a small amount of the Estee Lauder foundation at home so picked up a sample of the Revlon Colorstay and its always best to test it out!

Although I'd usually review something over a week so bare with me....


This foundation retails at £31.00 and you can find it here >>> www.esteelauder.co.uk  and comes in over twenty shades, I chose the shade 1C1 Cool Bone, this foundation promises...

Long-wearing makeup with 15-hour staying power. Looks flawless and natural. Lasts through heat, humidity, non-stop activity. Won’t change color, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable. For a look that lasts all day, without touchups.
BENEFITS
LONG-WEAR: 15 HOURS. MEDIUM COVERAGE. OUR #1 MAKEUP.
COVERAGE
MEDIUM, BUILDABLE
FINISH
NATURAL, SEMI-MATTE
FORMULA FACTS
  • OIL-FREE
  • DERMATOLOGIST-TESTED
  • NON-ACNEGENIC; WON’T CLOG PORES
  • FRAGRANCE-FREE
Now like everyone I expect a lot from high end make up, as we all should so I put it to the test.

I thought this applied beautifully, I used a stippling brush and touched up any areas with a real techniques sponge (beauty blender). If you have any pores or fine lines I'd recommend putting this over a primer as it may accentuate them without. This is a buildable foundation which I really liked as well. I don't know about you but generally I never wear foundation for more than 10 hours so I can't comment on that specifically although it lasted all day into the evening and I didn't touch up or powder throughout the day. I have normal/combination skin so I'm unsure how it would be on oily skin. I had no problems with breakouts or anything although again I'm pretty lucky in general with that. 

All in all I liked this foundation, I wasn't blown away but it felt nice and luxurious on my skin and stayed on well. I wasn't a huge fan of the packaging its looks good but I don't love anything glass mainly because I'm a clutz.....


This foundation retails for about £12.99 at www.boots.com although you can pick it up other places slightly cheaper if you look around. It comes in the formulas for Normal/Dry skin and Combination/Oily. The Combo/Oily formula offers 20 shades which is really great, and sadly rare for drugstore/chemist however the Normal/Dry only has 12 shades...not sure what that's about. I used the Normal/Dry in the shade Ivory.  
Revlon claims...
Longwearing coverage with Time Release Technology and a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. Specifically made for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day.
 Comfortable, shine-free finish for up to 24 hours
• 20 beautiful, longwearing shades
• Buildable to full coverage
Pretty ballsy claims here from a drugstore product although I do admit that make up on every level has stepped up its game in the last few years. I applied this foundation with my real techniques sponge, because its a full coverage I applied it in layers to build it up but its personal preference again.
As for wear time this did not budge at all. It was quite a hot day when I tested it as well so that's pretty impressive to me (also rare because we NEVER get sun). Again I'd recommend a primer as it can accecentuates pores etc. I'd say this gives a matte finish and again I had no break outs or anything.
So, in my humble opinion these are both fantastic products, and I'd say dupes completely, but you know me - if I can find an affordable alternative that can truly hold its on, take my money!
Have you guys tried either of these foundations? What are your thoughts/opinions? Leave me a comment below and let me know!
peace and kisses



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer