Skin Care for hot n humid weather & 100th post!

Part of me is a little shocked I'm writing this post, me living in the generally non-hot climate that is Scotland. However I believe that Summer may finally be upon us PLEASE!

Skin care obviously differs during each season, during Summer, hydration, UV protection and nourishing the skin may seem like a huge task but we've made it easy for you because we're nice like that. 

  
 *me enjoying the sun* 

When its hot and humid because we sweat our skin can look greasy and our skin can also become dry due to lack of moisture. Along with air con, showering and fans our skin can look dull. 

I have normal skin, although I'm so pale people often confuse me with Casper so I have to be super careful in the sun I wear a moisturiser with SPF every day, every season. 

Cleanse

Wash your face with cold water to cool off and then cleanse. Heat can cause havoc with blemishes and sweat so a foaming cleanser which will cleanse softly is a good idea.

Exfoliate

Using a harsh exfoliator on skin isn't always the best idea. They're are some great overnight exfoliating masks around which leave your skin super smooth while your sleeping - how easy is that?

Mask

I like to put face masks in the fridge to keep them nice and cool. I would tone my face after washing it and then use a mask every other day. Has a great cooling effect.


Hydrate

Most people are crazy for drinking water these days so that will always help your skin. Add some fruit and cucumber if it's too dull, great detox as well! You can also use a misting spray but I don't feel like I'm going to need one in Scotland just yet. Sadly. 

UV Protection

Protecting our skin from sun damage is SUPER important. My daily moisturiser has an SPF 35 in it and is also a great make up base. Obviously always make sure you are protected the lobster look is so not in.
 
I love aloe vera after sun and always keep a gel one in the fridge it feels amazing on skin, especially if you've over done it. If you have oily skin keep some blotting papers handy. I'd keep make up pretty light if your in the sun hopefully you'll have a lovely glow if your following all these tips! 

 




 
 I'm off to look out my blow up swan, Taylor style. pouts and love xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer