Best Contouring/Highlighting Products High Street/Chemist

Whether you like a natural line or you go for the 'I have my own TV show' contour, it has been a big craze pretty much since Mrs K West showed her interesting (some might say) contouring regime. Now, I myself prefer less is more look but I've had a look at the best of the best products in my humble opinion.

There are a LOT of contouring products out there so I've narrowed down high end and cheaper alternatives.

Now, first step to getting your Kardashian on is to note that everyone has to contour to their individual face shape, details below my beauties. 






Contouring may seem a little daunting, but its really easy as long as you get the right products for your skin tone and texture, you can achieve the perfect contour. I like both as I have normal skin, I will usually use a cream and powder together for extra shine!  

Base

You can contour on top of your foundation if preferred and also use concealer and darker shade of contour onto skin and blend before foundation for a more dramatic look. 
  
Consider Your Skin Type

If you have oily skin I'd stay away from cream products, instead try using the powder products to shape the definition of your face.  

If you have dry skin, powder will accentuate this. If your looking for a dewy finish use lightweight products which will hydrate your skin at the same time. You can mix and match products as well the trick is to blend, I often use cream underneath and powder on top if I want to blind people! 






Eyes Lips Face Studio Contour Blush and Bronzing Powder Kit  (St Lucia) 
 £4.50 www.eyslipsface.co.uk 



This is one of my favourite products and I have bought it over and over again. I just really like the consistency and the colour is ideal for my fair skin, I'd say its a lighter contour but its buildable. The blusher is a little shimmery for me but its great for a night out. Available in 3 shades.

Make Up Academy Luxe Bronzer and Sculpt Contour Kit - £5.00 http://www.muastore.co.uk/mua-luxe-bronze-and-sculpt

This product came highly recommended from my friend (thanks Jen) and she is a huge contour fan! She said its really long lasting and stays on well and obviously its a great price! This is available in two shades.


NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny £4.00 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/NYC-Smooth-Skin-Bronzing-Powder/dp/B004ZDTRE8

Barry M Flawless Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit -  £6.49  
https://www.barrym.com/product/Flawless-Chisel-Cheeks-Contour-Kit-
 

This is a great kit, especially if your just starting out. So easy to follow the steps to highlight and contour and the colours are very pigmented. Also fits in the smallest handbag. I find the lightest colour is very light but it is buildable like I said you can also add a cream highlight to make it pop. Great for beginners and hardcore contour gals!

Contouring the Face

With your product, Carve out the areas In which you want to create a shadow. This will include the following areas of the face:
Big areas: forehead, cheek bones and jaw line.
Small areas: nose – you can include mouth and neck etc but because it’s only beginners we will keep it simple.



A good way to remember is if you do a figure three from the top of you head, at the temples, round the cheeks and along the chin. You should really think about where the sun would naturally hit your face and that will give you a good idea. A little product can go a long way so take your time to build it up until you can see the shape working for you. Use a nice fluffy brush, and blend everything out, I always use an angled contour type brush as I find it works best but whatever works for you. 


  https://www.avon.uk.com/product/301-319-3279/make-up/beauty-tools/avon-flat-contouring-brush
 
Highlighting Products

http://www.sleekmakeup.com/solstice-highlighting-palette


I love the SLEEK solstice palette at the moment it give the most beautiful glow to your face. It's cream and powder so best of both! When highlighting you want to choose what stands out, I highlight my cupids bow, brow bone, cheeks and inner eye to make your eyes pop.
£10.00

http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Highlighter-Peach-Lights/p/978760?gclid=CjwKEAjwya-6BRDR3p6FuY2-u3MSJAD1paxTmqNjl8Rb_ljFKU6FwBawHvoH9rKAvAjnT5k_pEUa3BoCtvfw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 


Another favourite is the make up revolution baked highlighter the pigment in these is unreal! And they have various shades and at such an amazing price well it would be rude now to!
£3.00 







This is a fantastic little product, so shimmery even on my tiredest days I look awake and glowing! Great size for your handbag and I generally don't use a brush just swipe and go.
£3.99

peace and kisses xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer