Moisturising Tips

Anyone who suffers from dry skin will know the importance of keeping your skin moisturised. But really moisturising should be a massive part of ones beauty routine. I remember my grandmother always telling me to moisturise day and night and me thinking what for? I've got much more exciting things to do that than! Well, they where right and I'd say since I was about 17 I have religiously followed this routine. Not just my face but my body too.

A lot of my friends only seem to moisturise their body after a shower etc. I do this every night before bed and every morning before I get dressed. It doesn't take long plus you get to lather yourself with gorgeousness, who wouldn't??!

After bathing let your skin dry a little before applying moisturiser or oil. For best effect you should pat your skin dry with a towel. Ensure your skin is completely dry before dressing, especially if using oils as these can stain.

Hot water and regular soap can rob the skin of its natural moisturising oil. A good tip is to use warm water, not too hot and don't stay in the water too long.

Cold weather is particularly bad for dry skin, so ensure you step up your moisturising routine at these times of the year. Also, its sometimes a good idea to have a thicker moisturiser for the winter.

Always try to find a moisturiser containing an SPF for your face all year round. Exfoliation ensures that your moisturiser sinks into skin and you should notice a difference, once a week is recommended.

Everyone knows their own bodies so the best tip is to use what works. If you like organic formulas and feel they work well then ditch any chemicals and go for it. Don't forget your hands! They are exposed to every element and need some tlc too :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer