When to get rid of make up...

As you may or may not know I am a self confessed make up addict, and mascara is my main addiction of choice! Mascara is also the one thing you should always keep check of for expiring. Although mascaras usually have some kind of antibacterial formula in them this will only last around 2-3 months max.

If you notice a smell or change in texture you should throw it out. The longer you keep any mascara you run the risk of eye infections.  I have to admit I've kept mascara for longer than I should have and I my eyes seem to be doing ok!
Concealer lasts about 12 months and powder is about 2 years. Things like eye and lip pencils are really long lasting just make sure you sharpen regularly. Eyeshadow is also very durable, unless like mine they crumble in my handbag! But you should be okay for roughly 12-18 months.

Lipstick is good for about 2 years and apparently keeping it cold (in the fridge) makes it last even longer. However, if i put all mine in the fridge I wouldn't have much food.

Nail polish is good for about 12 months. It's like anything really if it starts to smell/doesn't look too good bin it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer