How to apply bold lipstick

This might seem like an easy task but I still have trouble. This applies with red mainly to be but any strong lip colour so here are some tips to help!

Make sure you have your chosen lipstick, a matching lip liner (or close shade) some tissue and a lip gloss if required. Your lips should be clean and dry, I usually put balm on about 10 minutes before then let it dry. You can use a cleansing wipe or cotton wool with some make up remover on if needed.

I usually do my lips last but its whatever your preference is. I dab a little pressed powder on the lips to help the colour stay in place.

Line your lips with your chosen colour. Don't go outside the natural lip line if possible.

After lining around your lips fill them in completely with the liner. This is a good base for your lipstick to stay put. This also helps if the lipstick wears off as you will still have a base until you can touch up your lips.

Now apply your lipstick. I like to use a lip brush but sometimes if you have a strong colour straight from the tube is better. Once applied to top and bottom lip press your lips together without trying to rub.

I like to blot my lips with a tissue but again this is up to you. I like to do this as it makes lips matte and helps to keep lip colour in place. To ensure no lippy gets on your teeth is to make an o shape with your lips and put your pointer finger in your mouth, gently press your lips around finger and then slowly take your finger out. This sounds ridiculous but it works!


Lipcote Lipstick Sealer rrp £3.79

Once your lips are dry you can apply a lip gloss if you like. I love to use lip cote before lip gloss as its fab for keeping your colour in place and lasts all night!

Stay gorgeous! xoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer