Its a revolution!

So, I have been a very bad blogger but then I got caught up in the buzz which is the new brand, Make Up Revolution and I just had to try it and write all about it!

I'd heard great things about this online and watched a few you tube vids to see what all the fuss was about. The main thing that stood out was how much hype about the palettes being great duplicates for the urban decay brand in particular the Naked series. I am a huge fan of urban decay, although I like to try new products more out of curiosity so although this interested me I just really wanted to buy and try some things from the line for myself.

So I did. I ordered the Iconic 3 palette, this looked like quite a neutral palette but with some darker shades which I like for everyday use. I also got the Baked Highlighter in Pink Lights, blusher in Wow! and lipstick in beloved. The total for my order was £12.95 including delivery which I thought was very reasonable. 

It did take  a few days for shipment confirmation to come through but I didn't mind that, however if you where in a hurry this might not be ideal. The packaging was really good, everything was bubble wrapped and secure.

The packaging is quite basic but nice, everything is plastic and black in colour with clear lids. Exactly what I was expecting so wasn't disappointed, nice packaging isn't everything. The palette was the first thing I tried and I was really impressed the pigment is really really good, there does seem to be a bit of fallout but again this isn't something that bothers me as I thought the pay off was so good it didn't matter. This has really lovely colours, some neutrals, pinks and darker colours all good for everyday and blending but you can certainly have smokey eyes too a really good all rounder I'd say. 


£4.00 

The baked highlighter is well, brilliant! It's a purple colour in the pan but when applied it gives a perfect shimmer and gives a great pay off and you only need a tiny amount, very good for highlighting eyes and cheeks and everything in between, really good product would highly recommend! 



£3.00

The blusher is a bright pink shade, very girly, again you don't really need a lot but its easy to build up which I like. They have so many different shades and products it was really hard to choose!


£1.00

The lipstick I choose was again a really lovely pink girly with a little hint of coral colour, its a matte finish and I just love it very summery! I've worn it a few times and had lots of compliments, a great bargain and really lovely finish.


£1.00

I would recommend make up revolution it is a brand that is definitely well worth the money and just shows that you don't always have to spend a fortune on make up to look good. I worth everything that I bought yesterday and it lasted all day long, I topped my lipstick with lipcote and it stayed put all day :-)

Check out their fab products here; www.makeuprevolutionstore.com

xoxo BF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Range

How to wear Neon!

Review Gosh Foundation Primer